After studying Astrology with Alice Inoue years ago, talking about our “signs” became a fun way to meet new customers and chat about general traits in myself and others, and neat ways of finding commonalities 🙂
I put together a small gathering of information about Libras here, with links to outside references that I found helpful! When making a birthday gift for a friend, or a piece of jewelry for yourself, you can use this as a starting point for what to pick and what may suit a Libra!
Here’s my off the cuff, free-form jewelry design thoughts for a Libra:
- To recreate a sense of Libra balance, I’d start a bracelet with half labradorite and half moonstone to represent yin/yang, day and night.
- Experiment with metals: gold/silver
- Color block design so it’s visually very opposite, or create a sense of integration by doing an A,B,A,B pattern. not sure.
- Option: Add in smoky quartz to balance the “air” element with a sense of grounding.
- Option: Add aquamarine, larimar or amazonite blues for the peace/harmony element
- Option: Add pink tourmaline to release self judgement
- Add a peacock feather charm as a symbol of eternal beauty or a yin/yang charm for harmony
- Option: Sapphire as a sense of discipline, follow through and right behavior
- Last thought, a black agate and white stone (quartzite, himalayan moon quartz) half and half color blocked bracelet. And with one contrasting stone to be the yin/yang in the other color. cool!
Latin for “the Balance” or “the Scales”, from the Greek word Zygos.
Libra is about balance. Libras will work with concentration and relax with dedication. Some Libras do seek perfection, which can make life trying for those who live with them.
They are, what you would call, ‘the weighing options and then deciding (and picking the peaceful option) kind of people. Friendly, amiable and attractive, Libra individuals are also quite popular among their friends, more so because they tend to play able, trustworthy and balanced team strategists for their groups. They are artistic, easygoing, peaceable and they prize beauty and harmony!
Lucky Stones: Sapphire and Turquoise
Lucky Color: Blue
I like this color recommendation from Astrospeak: An airy sign, the day house of the gentle and benevolent venus, the right colour for this sign is Blue. It is a colour that symbolises balance and harmony in all spheres of life. Libra is a sign of peace, harmony and symmetry and all that is aesthetic, good and beautiful.
Lucky Talisman: Copper
Birthstones: The September birthstone is Sapphire. October birthstones are Opal and Pink Tourmaline.
Other Suggested Gemstones: Aquamarine, Peridot, Topaz, Lapis Lazuli, Smoky Quartz, Opal, Sapphire, Agate, Green Aventurine
Libras at best are socially gifted, graceful, fair, balanced, harmonious, sees both sides, diplomatic, knows pros and cons, are elegant and refined. At worst, they don’t speak up, base their self-value on others, havc weak self boundaries, take too long to make decisions and have low self-esteem!
About Astrological Zodiac Signs
Reading about our astrological signs – a way of recognizing the grouping of stars that were in the sky at the time we were born, is fun and insightful!
It’s an entertaining and meaningful generalization that can give us a glimpse of a person’s BASIC characteristics, preferences, flaws and fears. At different times and situations in my life, I can associate myself with qualities emphasized in EACH of the signs, and it’s a very cool way of bringing about an awareness and making me THINK and pay attention to myself and my life and the people around me! The very same way that I use beads to express myself and give me time to reflect and appreciate and heal.
If you want to learn more about astrology and the zodiac signs, here’s a neat website to start!