Sharpie Hacks for Beading!
In my tool kit, I always carry a sharpie with me. It is super cheap and can make your jewelry look so much better!
- Use a Sharpie marker as an annealing marker when heating metal. When it turns black, your wire is done!
- As a jump ring mandrel - wind, coil, and cut
- Antiquer on charms. I like to use extra fine to fill in the little spaces! Wipe away any excess and give it a great shine with a polishing cloth
- Mark bending points on wire. Easy way to get your lotus petal earrings to match :)
- Make consistent wire wraps by marking your round nose pliers (our #1 tip in our 19 years of teaching basic wire wrap)
- Stain your white Fire Line and Nymo to black
- Use it to lift your threads on the macrame board so your fingers can slip under to tie knots!