Freshwater Pearl Spring Mix (Uhiwai) - 30 pcs.
Pearls are wonderful for hope, love, and faith. The way that the pearl comes to be so lustrous and shiny, is through hardship, challenges, and beauty that comes from struggle.
Enjoy this spring theme freshwater pearl mix that we just created for you!
This mix includes:
- Quantity: 30 pieces of freshwater pearls
- 10mm white side-drilled nugget - 2 pieces
- 6mm taupe frost side-drilled nugget - 8 pieces
- 9mm silver rose baroque - 2 pieces
- 5mm light peacock side-drilled nugget - 8 pieces
- 7mm cream potato - 8 pieces
- 12mm iridescent silver plum keshi - 2 pieces
- Strings up to 7"
- Hole sizes fit up to 24 gauge wire
The word uhiwai is used to generally describe a heavy fog or mist, and it is also the name of a rain heavily associated with the area of Manoa valley. Hawaiian culture is steeped in love and mutual respect for 'aina (the land), as evidenced by the naming of different kinds of rain & wind. In many songs and chants about Manoa, one can see the references to the uhiwai mist which can persist throughout the day, in the very back of the valley.
This color palette is inspired by our life in Hawaii -- we hope you enjoy your DIY jewelry-making and craft projects with it!