Moldavite Bead By the Piece - 10.5mm Round (AUTHENTICIZED & RARE)
- 10.5mm moldavite beads
- This is for ONE bead.
- Authenticated by a laboratory in Japan
- Cut from the moldavite stones pictured below.
These are the REAL DEAL!!
Between 15 and 20 million years ago, a massive meteorite shower took place in the Czech Republic (Europe) and these stones formed as a result of the fiery impact of the meteorite with Earth.
We are fascinated by things from “outer space”, and I put that in air quotes, because WE are also in outer space, LOL! And whenever we find this bottle green gem, Jason and I get excited about getting some for the store! If you aren’t familiar with outer space beads – keep reading!
Tektite is natural glass formed by the heat and impact of a meteor, found in North and Central America, Central Europe, Australia, South East Asia, and the Philippines. Tektite comes in earthy colors: dark brown, green, and black. The color is directly related to where they’re from!
Moldavite is a specific kind of tektite formed by a meteorite impact in southern Germany. It was discovered in the town of Moldauthein which is now in the Czech Republic and identifiable by an olive/bottle-green color. Moldavite has a “growing moss” texture with unusual swirls, folds, and bubbles.
- Each bead is slightly different based on the one-of-a-kind nature of the stones.
- Please contact us and we will happily send you a photo of our current stock to choose from!
- Jewelry samples are for inspiration. If you'd like to commission a similar custom piece, please contact us!